Thursday, March 05, 2009

The Data Protection Act



You need to know what they are saying about you! The Data Protection Act helps you find out

Send this letter to the Data Controller in your employers company or your Trust, your regulatory body eg the GMC. It will cost you £10 and it is the best £10 you will ever spend

Data Protection Officer
At XYZ institution

Dear Sir or Madam

[Your full name and address together with any other details to assist in identifying you and the information you require]

Please send me the information which I am entitled to under section 7(1) of the Data Protection Act 1998 [in relation to - give details if it is specific information you require].[Please would you also advise me of the logic involved in any automated decisions taken by you about me pursuant to section 7(1) (d) of the Data ProtectionAct 1998.]

If you need further information from me, or a fee, please let me know as soon as possible. If you do not normally handle these requests for your organization, please pass this letter to your Data Protection Officer or another appropriate officer.

Yours faithfully

Signature





http://www.lizmiller.co.uk

No comments: